Sunday, June 21, 2009

Our Hike at Yosemite National Park





John and I planned and prepared to hike Half Dome at Yosemite National Park. It was 18 miles round trip. That includes a few wrong turns we took on the trail! We got into the park just before dark and got to see a bear alongside the road. Our tent cabin was just lovely. I almost froze because there were only 2 skinny blankets on the bed...I made John climb onto my twin size bed so I could cuddle up to him and get warm. In the night we heard a gun go off in camp and someone yelling "Get outta here!!" There was a bear in camp! The view of Half Dome from the parking lot is a bit deceiving..you hike around the (unseen) back side of it before you start climbing up it. I LOVED this hike...and yes it was more challenging than even my beloved Table Rock!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Yikes! that sounds kinda freaky, you are such a awesome lady, I'm proud to call you my friend.